Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My First Gingerbread House!

I have never made a gingerbread house before but i found it a lot of fun! It was also a bit challenging but i had a lot of different things i got to use!
I made a tree out of green twizzlers and glued it to an ice cream cone with royal icing. (my icing was a bit to thick) and the star on top is made from a starburst

We donated the houses to a homeless shelter. All the children got their own gingerbread house!

My royal icing really wasnt the best but i did what i could. We glued the houses together with caramelized sugar. it was solid as a rock!
The finished product! I thought it was cute. I didn't get to do all the things i wanted to because i ran out of time. but for my first time...i think i did pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment